In today’s world, it is more important than ever before to consider the amount of energy we use and how we are impacting the environment, and data centers are no exception. The “green data” revolution is in full effect, and data center managers need to optimize their data centers to be more efficient and comply with government regulations—without increasing costs.
To celebrate Earth Day, we’ve rounded up our favorite resources to help you learn how to “green” your data center.
- Companies like Facebook and Apple are two of the top Green Data Centers Around The World. Check out our infographic and see what steps the top data centers leading the green movement are making.
- Worldwide, data centers consume around 30 billion watts of electricity, and as much as 90 percent or more is wasted. This can be very costly not only in money but also in time and resources. That’s why it’s vital to use a DCIM solution that has Power Management to Make Your Data Center Lean and Green.
- It is important today for data centers to focus on maintaining not only availability, but efficiency and sustainability too. Here are 5 Things to Know About Data Center Environmental Monitoring to help conserve energy and save costs.
- PUE, or Power Usage Effectiveness, has become the standard for measuring data center efficiency. Learn how to calculate PUE and ensure energy efficiency in your data center.
- With the continual push to do more with less, energy management has been a focus for data center operators. Check out these 5 Simple Things You Can Do to Save Energy in Your Data Center to learn more.
- Increasing energy efficiency while attempting to lower costs is a key optimization goal for most data centers. Data center managers need to be able to strategically manage their energy use. Get tips and tricks in our post on How to Reduce Data Center Energy Costs Now.
Sunbird’s DCIM solution includes both Energy Management and Environmental Management features that can help boost energy efficiency in your data center. Want to see for yourself? Take a test drive today.