Reduce Connectivity Complexity
A data center is a high-density, complex system with hundreds, if not thousands, of devices from a multitude of vendors. Knowing how devices are connected to each other is critical to effectively managing your data center. Without this information, you can’t plan capacity, perform failover analysis, manage virtual as well as physical connections, and quickly respond to outages in your data center.
How can I quickly identify what circuits are running? How do I know which customers and applications are relying on those circuits? What is the impact of changes on my power and network? DCIM software with connectivity management can help you answer these questions and more.
Manage Cabling with Ease
Sunbird's DCIM solution combines full power distribution management with network connection and structured cabling infrastructure capacities for the ultimate connectivity management solution.
End-to-end power chain management gives you the ability to budget power at every connection point and prevents you from overloading a power circuit to maintain uptime. Visual trace routes for network circuits help you troubleshoot incident, reduce break-fix time, and identify single points of failure, boosting efficiency and productivity among your data center team
The Ultimate Solution
Worried about keeping the physical cables in your data center in order? Manage your structured cabling in bulk for up-to-date, well documented infrastructure that helps technicians diagnose issues faster and more effectively. Say goodbye to cable spaghetti and spider webs in your data center. Test drive our DCIM solution and experience precise, streamlined connectivity management.
Power & Network
We've got both covered
- Automatically validate physical connections and media type
- Visually track cable plant to simplify troubleshooting and maintenance
- Select any cable connection and get a complete view of the circuit from origin to termination
- Create connections automatically with just the start and end points
- Easily budget power at every connection point in the power chain from the UPS to the device power supply with (N) or (N+1) redundancy to reduce downtime
- Calculations are done instantly, which eliminates manual effort and human error
- View both a tabular and a visual circuit trace so you can quickly spot broken connections and reduce troubleshooting time
- Get a holistic view of circuit connections, with hyperlinks to the device/connection attributes to determine fault
Complete Power Distribution Visualization
Visualize, monitor, and budget power usage and capacity from servers to rack PDUs, breakers, panels, and UPSs. Simplify validation, troubleshooting, and maintenance. At each hop, see Item Class, Make, Model, Location, Cabinet, U-Position, RU Height, Connector, Color, Phase, Volts, Max Amps, and Rated Amps.
Connection Guru™ to Help You Make Power and Data Port Connections in Seconds
Sunbird’s patent-pending QuickConnect™ feature makes connections faster and more efficient than ever before. Simply select your starting point and end point, and let QuickConnect automatically give you all the hops in between.
- Connect to items and ports within the same cabinet or identify the far-end item you want to connect to
- Results are more heavily weighted to items that have similar attributes, such as location, media color, phase, volts, VLAN/subnet, protocol, and data rate, depending on the port type
- Only displays compatible ports and connections based on connector and media type
- Filter and hide columns to display only the most relevant results
- Save as many search result views as you want and set your favorite view as your default
- See visual circuit traces before the connection is made