Branch circuit monitoring is the process of collecting, trending, and reporting on electrical capacity and power usage data on branch circuits. Branch circuit monitoring is typically done via Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software which stores, analyzes, and displays live measurements in business intelligence and analytics dashboards and visual reports to help make data-driven data center management decisions.
Data that can be collected by monitoring branch circuits include:
- Power factor
The benefits of branch circuit monitoring with DCIM software include:
- Tracking and trending power utilization and Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) over time
- Preventing downtime with threshold alerts for power and environmental conditions
- Reducing energy costs and increasing efficiency
- Supporting customer billback initiatives
- Improved capacity planning
- Improved load balancing
Want to see how Sunbird’s world-leading DCIM software makes it easy for you monitor branch circuits? Get your free test drive now!