Types of data center projects include:
- Data center migrations
- Data center consolidations
- Building out new sites or cabinet rows
- Installing network connectivity
- Energizing a footprint with more power
- Upgrading device components
- Decommissioning assets
- Installing new servers
Modern data center and lab managers struggle to efficiently manage infrastructure projects from creation to completion. They must swivel between a multitude of spreadsheets, online forms, ticketing systems, and project management tools to keep infrastructure projects moving and track project status. This process is manual, error-prone, inaccurate, and all too common.
Infrastructure Project Management with DCIM Software
A modern Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solution enables you to consolidate your tools and workflows with an infrastructure project management feature. DCIM software allows you to plan, implement, and report on any type of infrastructure project and track every element of your projects such as space, power, and cooling requirements, requests, work orders, assets, parts, circuits, status, owner, dates, full audit trail, and costs.
The key benefits of managing infrastructure projects with DCIM software are:
- Consolidate tools and improve efficiency by eliminating the need to swivel chair between spreadsheets, project management tools, and other systems.
- Improve collaboration and productivity by creating one single source of truth that all data center teams, executives, and remote hands can trust to enable data-driven collaboration and smarter decision-making.
- Track and report SLA metrics to see KPIs like which projects are ahead of schedule, which are behind, and which are on target.
Want to see how Sunbird’s world-leading DCIM software makes it easy for you to manage data center infrastructure projects? Get your free test drive now!