Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software is used to automatically create rack elevation diagrams. With DCIM, you can stop wasting hours creating, updating and managing rack diagrams in Visio which are hard to maintain and error prone. You can search, sort, and filter assets in cabinets from any data center location, visualize contents of multiple racks across any site to view real-time capacity, and view granular, detailed information on individual assets with a single click. With automatic cabinet elevations created with data and high-fidelity front and back images from a models library, you can skip the manual effort and see what’s inside without walking the floor.
DCIM software goes beyond rack elevations for complete data center asset management and also provides:
- Detailed physical location of data center assets (e.g., site location, cabinet location, and U position)
- Measured power and temperature readings, trending, and alerting
- Dimensional, weight and physical data/power port information of assets
- Physical relationship and connectivity for power supply and network interface cards along with capacity of all physical port types
- Utilization and capacity of data center infrastructure (e.g., power, space, and cooling)
- 3D visualization of assets and logical connectivity between equipment
Want to see how Sunbird’s world-leading DCIM software enables you to automatically create rack elevations in 3D? Get your free test drive now!