A psychrometric chart is a graphical representation of the temperature and humidity parameters of moist air at a constant pressure, used in data center environment monitoring. Data center managers compare the data from environmental sensors in the facility to the environmental envelope of a psychrometric chart to ensure that proper operating conditions are being maintained and that they are in compliance with corporate, vendor, or utility guidelines and requirements.
Psychrometric cooling charts within Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software allow data center managers to:
- See hot spots at a glance
- Know when to increase or decrease temperature set points
- Know how much to humidify
- Easily manage to ASHRAE or customized thermal envelopes
- Simplify the management of airside economization
Want to see how Sunbird’s world-leading DCIM software makes it easy for leverage psychrometric charts to increase efficiency while maintaining uptime? Get your free test drive now!