Certified Data Center Management Professional (CDCMP®) is a data center certification provided by CNet Training that validates a data center professional possesses a holistic view of data center management including regulations, standards, improving efficiency and sustainability, and managing people to support day-to-day operations.
The course is takes place over 20 hours in a five-day period. Those aspiring to receive the CDCMP certification should have at least two years of experience working in a data center in a technical IT or operations role.
The content of the CDCMP program includes:
- Data center management
- Data center service management
- Data center asset management
- Data center energy efficiency
- Basic data center design principles
- Management of people, processes, and plant
- Audits of data center physical infrastructure, environment, and performance
- Infrastructure project management
- Business strategy and IT strategy
- Legislation and regulations, codes of practices, and standard and accreditations
By being CDCMP certified, data center professionals can demonstrate they can develop a data center management strategy that aligns with business objectives and that they understand data center operations best practices that ensure uptime and the reliability, security, and integrity of data.
Organizations also benefit from having CDCMP certified individuals on staff. Businesses can be confident that the data center is run by a competent manager, that the manager can build a strong team for optimal data center operations and service delivery, and that service level agreements and data center KPIs will be met.